Garrett Smart Scan
The Thermal Screening Solution
Garrett SmartScan™ technology facilitates effortless temperature screening. Seamless integration of SmartScan into Garrett walk-through metal detectors allows body temperature measurements to be taken along with your normal security screening operations.
No extra screening step is needed to take temperatures.
The SmartScan system will scan temperatures, discretely provide a “Go” or “No Go” indication to the operator, and allow guests to proceed through the detector with no delays.
This solution is offered as an add-on accessory for new Garrett PD 6500i or MZ 6100 walk-through metal detectors or it can be easily retrofitted into already-installed Garrett PD or MZ detectors.
- Fast temperature detection of incoming traffic
- Does not slow down existing screening process
- No technical staff needed to make initial temperature evaluations, reducing staffing costs and the potential for human error
- Field upgradeable for any PD 6500i or MZ 6100 with simple connections
- Temperature detection and metal detection functions may be used independently or together for simultaneous operation
- Battery-operated for ease of use and optimal flexibility
- Intuitive status indicators for startup, calibration, misreads, and elevated temperature alarms
- A constant temperature reference is not required for operation
- Visual and audible alarm options
Garrett’s Quick-Q™ cellphone elimination technology can be used in conjunction with SmartScan to further expedite the screening process and promote touchless screening.
Fully HIPAA compliant, FDA 510(k) clearance pending
Note: measurements taken from SmartScan should not be solely or primarily relied upon to diagnose or rule out a diagnosis for any disease.
An elevated body temperature indication from Smartscan should be secondarily confirmed by qualified personnel according to your health
screening practices and procedures using medical-grade equipment.